[SunRescue] Sol8 on dummy machines.....

BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Feb 21 13:32:06 CST 2001

On a lark, I am thinking of trying the Solaris 8 Intel on some of my
PeeCee crates (don't have any post sun4c stuff to try the real OS on,
yet).  Anyway, is there anything I should be aware of ahead of time
in trying it.  I have the boot floppy downloaded, too, and assume
I will have to use that on old crates.  I have this neat old Bull
server thingie with a battleship built Intel 486/33 with 64M ram
and Adaptec scsi that would make an interesting test box.  It ain't
exactly a pentium, but it does have 64M ram and full scsi.  Does the
install script check for a pentium signature or do anything strange
that might prevent it from running on a 486/33?  What the heck, it
is worth a shot.

Any insights or suggestions or horror stories are appreciated.

Thanks

Bob