[SunRescue] Solaris 8 for intel on a 486?

Chad Fernandez rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Feb 20 14:59:58 CST 2001

Okay this might be as crazy as puting Solaris on an Ipaq, but I don't
know enough to know it :-)

I have a Unisys 486DX2/66 server that I would like to setup with Unix.
I bought the SCO Openserver 5.0.5 media kit from SCO a year ago, and
successfully installed it, but didn't do much else with it.  I would
really like to use Solaris, However.  I have an Uncle that has a cable
modem, and am thinking of asking him to download it for me.

I have considered Linux (RH7), but would really rather use Unix.  I have
also thought about buying a used Sun machine, but when I buy a Sun, I
want a 670mp.  I haven't found one on Ebay close by, yet.

Will Solaris 8 run on a 486?

Chad Fernandez
Michigan, USA