[SunRescue] Setup Sun box with Cable modem ISP

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Feb 20 08:48:46 CST 2001

With a proper router in the middle (like the Linksys, others),
you can have DHCP and/or static IP addressed machines on the
internal network.

My SPARCbook is on the internet with a static IP (192.168.1.32)
internally, but my ISP (Verizon DSL) uses PPoE (point to point
over ethernet) and dynamic IP assignment.

My SPARCbook is accessible over the internet at
_______.dyndns.org, as I made my SPARCbook my DMZ machine.

My other SPARC boxes use fixed IP adresses (like my Ultra, at
192.168.1.64).

Cable should be no different.

HTH,

Ken