[SunRescue] Setup Sun box with Cable modem ISP

steve price rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Feb 19 16:09:17 CST 2001

not enough information to go on.  when you had a dsl
connection, was there a router between the lan segment
and the dsl modem?  on your new setup, is there a
router between the lan segment and the cable modem?

who gave you the default router address that you put
into the sun box?  was the sun box restarted after
this change or was the inetd restarted?

back to basics - can you ping any other devices on the
same subnet?  can you ping yourself?