[SunRescue] Update on my first Sun box

Steve Pacenka rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Feb 19 07:35:18 CST 2001

> Here I have a SparcClassic with Debian 2.2r2 and under X the mouse can't be
> moved horizontaly.
>
> Any advice ?

Sympathies at least.  Same problem here, on a Sparc 10 with same Debian
release, type 5C keyboard, type 4 mouse.  Worse problems with Solaris 8
install (attempting to install dual-boot) - literally the keyboard screamed
during boot when the mouse was installed.

Since the mouse worked with a type 4 keyboard on another machine, I am
hypothesizing three causes: (1) perhaps type 4 mice and type 5C keyboards
don't mix well, (2) perhaps software that sees a type 5 keyboard assumes a
type 5 mouse, or (3) perhaps the optical grid is wrong.  I've seen meshes with
two different spacings.  The one I used with the other machine was coarser.

-- SP