[SunRescue] finding power requirements

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Feb 17 13:10:44 CST 2001

does anyone know of a 'hidden' reference somewhere on Sun's website where
one can find the average power draw for a given server? I'm going to be
deploying a few racks full of Netra X1's and T1 200's in the future, and
need to figure out my UPS requirements. All their dandy 'specification'
pages etc list the required *input* power (120VAC, 60HZ etc), but not their
typical draw. The only way to accurately size a UPS is to know the draw.
Pretty frustrating, absent an X1/T1 200 actually in hand....

i know this is a longshot question, but figured it couldn't hurt to ask...

Paul Theodoropoulos
paul at anastrophe.net
Senior Unix Systems Administrator
Syntactically Subversive Services, Inc.