[SunRescue] Trouble after PowerUP

William Barnett-Lewis rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Feb 16 19:54:12 CST 2001

Hello all,
I got a Weitek PowerUP today and installed it in my IPX. I am running NetBSD
1.5 from a Wasabi CD-ROM. That went well enough, but now after I boot up to
the console prompt (not running XDM), when I login as my user id and type
startx I get an illegal instruction panic or an alignment fault panic. I've
made sure that the chip is seated properly and nothing else is different
from a perfectly running system before. As root it fires up fine... right up
until I try to open the system console (which _is_ set to open automatically
for my user account...hmm...)(Hmm.. so much for root. It's blowing out
too...)

My understanding is that the PowerUP is completely binary compatable,
however I am running WindowMaker as a window manager. Could my local compile
of that have left some odd code that the Weitek is barfing on?

I'm ready to start ripping out hair, so any ideas or suggestions weould be
greatly appreciated.

William