[SunRescue] scsi cable order

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Feb 16 12:37:51 CST 2001

It can be thought of in simple physics.  When a
wave/pulse enters a new medium with a different (for lack
 of a better term) impedence, you get a reflection.  The
termination is roughly the same impedence so very little
or no reflection off the end.  Reflections can set up
standing waves which can create voltage and current peaks
along the cable which can trigger other devices along the
cable.  Those of us with ham licenses know high SWR can
cause problems.