[SunRescue] multiple boots on solaris machine

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Feb 15 13:44:19 CST 2001

Thank you everyone for your responses.  The issue with U10 is that it is
an IDE machine.  I am installing a scsi pci from symbios model 8751sp
with 2 internal and one external scsi connectors.  Remember that my two
scsi drive are from E450 and E250 machine with 80 pins hot plug.
Therefore, suggestion of having a 411 hard drive case would make sense
to have these drive in one box for better management.  In addition, I
would also like to keep the EDI drive with data in place as well.  In
addition, I am also installing SunPCI to run some windows apps and get
rid off my intel machine to clear my desk.

On the other hand, the order of boot would become important.  There are
2 suggestions here: setup nvaliases then OpenBoot PROM.

I have never gone through this setup before.  Are there any suggestion
of info source to go through the nvaliases setups?.

Thank you very much
Paul