[SunRescue] IRIX and SGI -- OT

Simeon Johnston rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Feb 14 13:49:05 CST 2001

Sorry if this is not related to sun systems but I need help...
I got an SGI Indigo2 at an auction and am trying to load a system on
it.  I have IRIX 6.5 disks and have everything I need but there is a
password on the machine.
It doesn't allow me to log into the machine as anything other than the
admin or guest.  I need to have full priveleges as I have already sold
this machine.
I can get to the system embedded into the hardware and get to the
diagnostic tools but am unable to load a new system or bypass the login
to get access.

Is there a way to bypass the password or re-install the system from
scratch?  It only allows me to update or fix the system, not re-install
it.

Any help would be appreciated.

sim