[SunRescue] SS1 losteth its minde.... need eprom refresh..... (:+{{...

Wazir, Deborah rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Feb 13 09:39:42 CST 2001

You can reprogram the idprom and give it any hostid and ethernet address you
want.  I use the instructions in the SUN NVRAM/hostid FAQ, at
http://www.squirrel.com/squirrel/sun-nvram-hostid.faq.html.  Just quickly,
here is the example they gave that I worked from:
-------------------------------
e.g. modify the hostid of an IPX to be 57c0ffee and the ethernet address to
be 08:00:20:c0:ff:ee.  At the OpenBoot monitor prompt (ok)type this:

1 0 mkp
8 2 mkp
0 3 mkp
20 4 mkp
c0 5 mkp
ff 6 mkp
ee 7 mkp
0 8 mkp
0 9 mkp
0 a mkp
0 b mkp
c0 c mkp
ff d mkp
ee e mkp
0 f 0 do i idprom@ xor loop f mkp

These changes should last until the next time you remove power.  You should
still be able to turn off the machine if you need to .  The FAQ explains
exactly what all those commands do, but this should get you started.  Just
substitute whatever values you normally used.  You did write down what the
old hostid and ethernet address were before, right?

Hope this helps -

Deborah Wazir