[SunRescue] The Question.

Dave Reader rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Feb 9 09:19:43 CST 2001

On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Dan Lane wrote:

> Umm does anyone have any suggestions of how to write a resignation letter?

keep it short, don't say anything that you don't need to.

my last one was the single line..

	"I hereby give the required notice that i wish to
	 terminate my employment with <company>"

or something very similar. oh, don't forget to date and sign it ;)

I asked a similar question to yours, elsewhere, and was advised strongly
not to elaborate, or hint at any reaons, at all. that seems to have been
good advice.

get a written reponse from your employer stating the date on which your
contract will terminate, that way..

	a) you can check that they'll be keeping to their
	   side of the contractual notice period

	b) they cannot deny later that it all happened.

Dave.