[SunRescue] Re: ss1000 questions (Peter L. Wargo)

Peter L. Wargo rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Feb 8 22:41:36 CST 2001

on 2/8/01 2:51 PM, Michael Thompson at m_thompson at ids.net wrote:

> I have mine connected to the external SCSI port on CPU board #0. I have a
> single SCSI drive and a CDROM in the front of the chassis. Works fine.

It will, as long as you don't conflict w/internal SCSI drives - on a 1000,
you can have up to four in the front tray.  On a full-up system, it would
have targets 0,1,2,3 for disks, 4 for a 4mm DAT, and 6 for a CD.  That's why
they (Sun) only support trays attached to a secondary system board or an
Sbus SCSI card.

-Pete