[SunRescue] ss1000 questions

Peter L. Wargo rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Feb 8 09:40:42 CST 2001

on 2/8/01 4:36 AM, David Rouse at david at rouseworld.org wrote:

> Internal as in a total of eight HDs! I'm thinking that the HDs in the tray
> need to be cabled up through the SCSI <IN> or <OUT> ports (I'll look on the
> 4/670 at work to see how it does things). I didn't even notice until I was
> trying to get the removables tray out -- then I saw a tangle of flat SCSI
> cables and power connectors.

Yes, they wire through the external SCSI.  I think you can't use board 0, it
has to be another boards, or an Sbus adaptor... hang on... <flip, flip> Yep,
you need a FSBE/S card if you onlu have one system board, as it uses the
on-board scsi of a SB if it can.  Also, you can't daisy chain them, and you
should terminate 'em.

HTH,

-Pete