[SunRescue] MX records in BIND

Paul Khoury rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Feb 5 02:50:06 CST 2001

On Tue, 30 Jan 2001 14:22:44 +0000 (GMT), Dan Lane wrote:

>Although saying that, there are occasions where it comes in handy for
>mail, if you have sendmail setup right.. I like to make up e-mail
>addresses on the spot when people ask me what mine is...
>
>my current faviroute is the rather
>childish.. dan at psychotic.litle.fucker.org.uk :)

That's pretty good. LOL

So, what's this about confusing CNAMES with MX records?

Here's what I got for pkhoury.net - BTW Bill, I used your suggestion,
I have db.pkhoury.com and db.pkhoury.net.

Anyways:

pkhoury.net. IN NS  lebanon.pkhoury.com.

                MX 10 sparc2.pkhoury.net.

and

sparc2.pkhoury.net.     IN A    63.222.88.202

and

mail.pkhoury.net.       IN CNAME sparc2.pkhoury.net.

Is this okay?

And no, the word "and" is not in my db files. ;-)

Paul