Ultra 10 disks (Was Re:[SunRescue] SparcstationIPC)

Don Varner rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Feb 1 20:05:50 CST 2001

Thanks Pete, but I'll pass on the IDE disks.
Being a long time Sun guy I had no experience
with IDE until the U5/U10 was introduced a couple
years ago. After finding that many things I took
for granted no longer worked (like dd, SDS, alternate
boot devices etc..)I ripped out the IDE junk and went
back to SCSI.

That's what the Sunswift board is for......
   Fast/Wide SCSI-2 + 10/100BASE-TX.

-Don, Who'd be happy to trade his U10 for an U30.
       Hey...It comes with an extra NIC   ;^)