[SunRescue] OT Soyo subnotebooks

Gregory Leblanc rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Feb 1 13:45:29 CST 2001

On 27 Jan 2001 20:46:56 -0600, Reagen Ward wrote:
> I'm very seriously tempted to purchase a Soyo PM-1801 Monday, and I was
> wondering if anyone here had any experience with the Soyo subnotebook
> products?

I just talked with Alan, and he says that notebook should work just fine
with Linux, although a bit slow.
X version 3.3.1 works with the MediaGX, as do 3.3.6 and newer.  Versions
in between were broken.  RH7 works properly with their config tools,
although Debian and potato and woody are a bit broken with the MediaGX,
because of their X servers.  Let me know if you get stuck, as I can
probably catch Alan or Telsa and inquire a little further.  Later,

    Greg