[rescue] SSH through firewall

Scott Newell rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 12 11:19:27 CST 2001

>~ Is there a better way?  Any ssh clients that allow multiple
>~ host keys for a host?
>~
>
>I'm no expert, but wouldn't that weaken SSH? The host key is God.

Would it?  Instead of always assuming that host secure.net has key #1,
you'd still check to be sure that:
	host secure.net on port 22 has key #1
	host secure.net on port 1022 has key #2
	host secure.net on port 2022 has key #3
	host secure.net on port 3022 has key #4

Multiple keys per hosts, but each key is associated with that host _and_
port number.  Or does these scheme leave a big hole for a man in the middle
attack?

newell