[rescue] ARGH. KVMs

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 7 11:55:09 CST 2001

I've had good luck with the Belkin OmniView 8-port... got it from
TigerDirect for something like $375. It can also take Sun or Mac adapter
dongles.

You probably already know that cabling is the big killer in Ghosting...
pccables.com sells shielded coax VGA cables that are guaranteed not to
ghost. I've got to 1280x1024 with no ghosting... 1600x1200 is pretty much
useless to me as I've got really bad eyes.

Haven't tried the Sun adapter, but the mac adapter works quite well. Just
got one off eBay for $50.

-carl

                    Bill Bradford
                    <mrbill at mrbill        To:     geeks at mrbill.net, rescue at mrbill.net
                    .net>                 cc:
                    Sent by:              Subject:     [rescue] ARGH. KVMs
                    rescue-admin at s
                    unhelp.org

                    12/07/01 11:54
                    AM
                    Please respond
                    to rescue

Anybody know of a company that makes GOOD KVMs, that dont result in
ghosting/shadows when using resolutions of 1024x768 and higher?

I have yet to find one that didnt cost $500+.

Should have VGA/HD15, and PS2 keyboard and mouse.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net