[rescue] Ultra 5/10 UPA slot

Keith Campbell rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 3 04:41:24 CST 2001

Someone on the Suns-at-Home list just asked about putting an Elite3D
card in an Ultra 5, which is something I've been thinking about lately
also.  I've been thinking about designing a cable or piece of flex
circuit board to connect a Creator or Elite card in the uppermost PCI
slot in an Ultra 5 (yes I know it's not supposed to go there, but I've
tested it and it fits) to the UPA slot on the motherboard.  Before I get
too deep into this I need some info.

Specifically:
  1) I need to know the manufacturer and part number of the UPA
connector on the motherboard.
  2) I need to know the pin-outs of the UPA connector/card edge.
  3) I need to know if there are any critical lengths to these signals.
(i.e. would adding about 6 inches make the card non-functional?)