[rescue] Ultra 10, yet again

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Aug 28 22:09:50 CDT 2001

s at avoidant.org wrote:

> I just finished doing this. The machine's now been up for 5 minutes,
> which is about 4 minutes longer than it would stay up last night. I'm
> going to see how it does overnight, just sitting there. If it's still up
> when I get home tomorrow afternoon, I'll try using it.

Hrmf. So I decided I couldn't wait, being as infernally impatient as any
of us. I played with fbconfig a bit. Nothing happened, I was happy.

So I decided to open sunpci. And I got:

Watchdog Reset
Externally Initiated Reset

What does that mean? I had it open before, right after I installed it,
and it was fine.

Two related things; First, how do I upgrade the bios on the SunPCi card?
When I run it, I get a message that the hardware bios version is lower
than the software bios ver. is there some sort of flash utility for
updating the SunPCi bios?

Thing the second: I successfully upgraded it to an AMD-K6 2/400MHz. The
card recognized it and dealt well. Also stuch 256M of RAM onboard. It's
PC-133, is that bad? I know it runs at slower speed on a slower bus, but
it's only potentially bad in a pc-66 machine, right? Or just won't work,
for whatever reason? Josh?

Hrm. T'won't do at all to have a machine that stays up as long as I
don't touch it. What's a Watchdog Reset? How do I fix whatever caused
it?

And how do I get rid of the damned Trap 3e?

---sambo