[rescue] OT: Codered infections

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Aug 5 08:18:58 CDT 2001

Phil Schilling wrote:

>         The number of codered infections appears to be rising after analyzing
> the log files sent by my clients firewalls this morning.  I myself have
> had 56 hits since 5 this morning. Do none of these people have decent
> sysadmins?

First off, it's windows, so no, they don't have decent sysadmins, they
have folks with bits of paper authorising them to play admin. And
second, many of these are home boxes with services the posessors (I
hesitate to say "owners", since so many of them are owned by the script
kiddies) don't even realize are running.

Am I cynical? Nah, just realistic...

---sambo