[SunRescue] SS/5-110 w/GX Framebuffer, 1 Gig HD (in tray) *no* RAM

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Apr 29 11:50:09 CDT 2001

For sale, a SPARCStation5-85, upgraded to 110 MHz via MB swap. This unit has a GX Framebuffer, as well as a 1 Gig Quantum HD in an internal tray. The unit has a floppy drive, but does *not* have an internal CD-ROM or RAM (zero Meg).

Keyboard/mouse are not included, but may be available if needed by the buyer. Also, RAM can be supplied at $1/meg, but I have a use for all my SS/5 RAM (for now).

While the pieces may be able to sell for more, I'd prefer to sell the system whole at one time.

I'd like to get $125 for the system, plus $15 for Shipping/Handling.

As folks here know, this is not the fastest system Sun ever made, but it is *quite* reasonable for many uses, and since it is compatible with Solaris 8, should provide a few more years of productive life.

As for payment, I would prefer PayPal, but will happily take cashier check/money order.

Trades would be considered, but I am in the process of *reducing* my collection of systems, so the only thing I am likely to be interested in would be SS/20 & Ultra compatible RAM, or a 20 Gig or larger 2.5" IDE Notebook drive (9.5 mm prefered).

If interested, please contact me off list.

Thanks,

Ken Hansen
n2vip at bellatlantic.net