[SunRescue] RE: Linksys IP consumption...

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Apr 24 14:35:28 CDT 2001

I would imagine that you could put a hub on the inside port of your cable/DSL "modem", and hang your Linksys off one port - that would consume one IP address, serving up protected access to all the machines on your "private LAN."

Then you could attach "secure" servers on the same hub (off the cable/DSL "modem"), and they could use your additional IP addresses however you desire.

But, to answer your ultimate question, the Linksys device can only have one WAN IP address. Buy.com was selling Kingston 4 port Cable/DSL router for $80 yesterday (buy of the day), and I am starting to see several 4 port routers at the $100 price-point...

Ken