[SunRescue] Not quite a Sun rescue...

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Apr 24 09:30:37 CDT 2001

To the lp/lpr gurus:

I recently rescued an old LaserWiter IINT in good condition.  With that
and my copy of AppleShare IP, I turned a Mac into an LPR/LPD system.  NT
and Mac boxes can print just fine, but the Sun boxen (7 and 8) won't.  The
LPD server shows a "Stream error" in the logfile but little else.  I've
tweaked and played with the lp stuff on the Solaris 7 box and even
installed the lpr software on the Solaris 8 box, to no avail.  So,
presuming it's an lp/lpr issue, anyone done anything similar and have any
pointers?!  Things like this really make me appreciate JetAdmin/HP
printers. :)

Ed Mitchell (ed<-at->the7thbeer.com)
Finger for PGP public key