[SunRescue] So I'm working on this Ultra 2...

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Apr 19 11:10:36 CDT 2001

...and I am having a problem.

The environment variable diag-switch/diag-level (?) was set to 'max', and my POST tests stop on a loopback failure on the built-in HME fast ethernet port.

I suspect the test is looking for a connection to a hub/switch to facilitate the test, but I could not find any "publicly available" documentation on the POST requirements. Alternately, it is possible the on-board ethernet is fried (this unit was gotten from an Ebay auction w/additional HME card installed), but how do I know for sure?

Also, any good sources for POST info beyond what is in the System Repair manual at docs.sun.com?

Thanks,

Ken