[SunRescue] Making SCA disks useful

Robert Rose rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Apr 17 04:45:02 CDT 2001

 >From: James Lockwood <james at foonly.com>
 >Subject: RE: [SunRescue] Making SCA disks useful
 >If you must buy these piecemeal, pc-pitstop has them for $8 or $9/ea
 >(50 pin or 68 pin).
 >If you want something a bit cheaper and tidier, try searching on Ebay for
 >"SCA backplane". There are almost always a bunch of backplane boards up
 >for auction, most made by ALR. You should be able to find an 8-drive one
 >for under $50 if you can cobble together a case.

Thanks for the suggestion James, I've grabbed 2 x 3 drive backplanes from
Ebay so far and would dearly love to keep the snipers (or are they snipes?)
away from the other ones I have bids on over the next couple of days.  I
don't mind the effort of assembling these into a case of sorts, it's an
excuse for owning power tools!

cheers,

Rob

PS. MrBill, can you please award James a gold star for his
suggestion?  It's going to save me many, many dollars and rescue much
hardware as a result.