[SunRescue] SS2 and OS

jeff borisch rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Apr 11 18:32:30 CDT 2001

James Lockwood wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Apr 2001, Simeon Johnston wrote:
>
>> programs.  I had this URL before but can't find the info on the adapters
>> needed
>> for console access.  I was thinking it wasn't just the standard mac printer
>> cable. : )
>
> Actually it is.  The standard Mac printer cable includes a null-modem
> crossover, and so will work to hook up to the SS2's serial console.

Correct, it is crossover. However all the printer cables I know are
miniDIN-8 on both ends. He would still need an adapter to plug into the
db-25 serial port on the ss2.

Or he could use the mac modem cable and use a db-25<->db-25 null modem
adapter like I do.

I guess it's six-of-one... Oh you know the rest (-:

I've used the Mac printer cable to attempt to connect IPXs to the Mac but
this NEVER works. But, as you say, it should. I'd love to find out what my
problem is.

best,
jeffrey