[SunRescue] Xyplex MAXserver 1608 Terminal Servers

John Duksta rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Apr 9 08:06:10 CDT 2001

Twitch, Twitch, Twitch....

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, I worked for Xyplex.

Jeff, you just picked up the best of the Xyplex product line.
Our routers were crap... but the terminal servers were good.

One hitch with them, tho'. If you're going to be using them
for console access to your Sun boxen, make sure that you change
the 'break' character to something other than break. Like most
terminal servers, when you kill/lose power to it, as the serial
controller chip powers down, it can often send a break which
will halt your Sun.

Also, you're going to learn to hate that DEC-like command syntax:
"set port 2 flow-control rts-cts on"

Funny, I just checked the Xyplex site and it looks like they're
now iTouch and have fallen back to basics. Gear for OOB access,
i.e. terminal servers. :)

-john