[SunRescue] Sun Sbus PCMCIA??

Tim Chong rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Apr 8 12:18:48 CDT 2001

>I was wondering if they would handle the wireless Net cards that are=20
>in service now. Or perhaps a modem or 100bt card?

I read somewhere there's a beta driver once for WaveLAN card, have not =
tried that myself.. so can't comment on that. You should have no problem =
with any modem card as they are serial devices.

I don't think there's any 100BT card support as almost all the card are =
Cardbus card, the only ethernet driver that is available is the 3COM =
card (see docs.sun.com for more info)-pcelx driver.

I noted something with my sbus PCMCIA (on my SS20, Sol 2.6) is that I =
can't have the card (only tried with a 3COM ethernet card) inserted when =
the machine boot up as it will lock up... need to insert that after the =
machine has finished booting up

Tim