[SunRescue] Xyplex MAXserver 1608 Terminal Servers

James Sharp rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Apr 7 01:24:35 CDT 2001

On Sat, 7 Apr 2001, Jeff Workman wrote:

> All,
>
> I picked up a couple of these today, only to find that they seem to be damn
> near impossible to work with, without the documentation and software.
> Anybody here got any experience with these things, and tftp bootable
> software for them?

I just put up a couple of tar.gz files with software and manuals for the
1608 on my web server.

http://www.psychoses.org/1600Manual.tar.gz
http://www.psychoses.org/1600Software.tar.gz

The manuals are a full set of manuals for the 16xx series.  The software
includes a set of TFTP images for booting.  The software is version 6.1
and requires at least 4MB of RAM in the device.  It takes standard 1MB
30pin 70ns SIMMs.

There should be a set of pinouts in the manual for the RJ45 cables needed
to connect to just about anything.

Let me know if you need anything else....