[SunRescue] Serial Port Pinouts

John Duksta rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Apr 6 12:45:39 CDT 2001

Steve:

If you're doing it all from scratch, you can use
the Yost wiring standard as illustrated here:

http://yost.com/Computers/RJ45-serial/

Alternatively, if you have a lot of cisco gear,
then you've probably got a bunch of the adapters
that they ship with their routers and switches.
These are also handy for console connections, but
tend to require gender changers on older suns where
the A port is physically setup as DCE (but is really
DTE electrically)

-john