[SunRescue] stuff

Peter Joules rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Apr 5 17:40:16 CDT 2001

On Thu, 5 Apr 2001, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> [ On Thursday, April 5, 2001 at 11:33:36 (+0100), David Cantrell wrote: ]
> > Subject: Re: [SunRescue] stuff
> >
> > I was always taught in metric, but I still use Imperial measurements for
> > just about everything in everyday life.
>
> I was taught first in Imperial units, then in Metric.  I really like
> Metric, but only in the lab.  I grew up on a farm and let me tell you
> there's just no way possible that you could ever move to using Metric in
> some parts of farm life in Western Canada.

I was brought up with imperial, and then taught metric in my last few
years at school (in the early 70s).  I will always think in imperial even
if I have to buy in metric.  Here in the UK, until it became an offence to
sell most things in imperial measurements, there were some stupid mixed
units eg. wood was still sold as 2 x 4 (inches) but in 2 metre lengths.

--
Regards
Pete