[SunRescue] Silly SS10... continued....

User Bobkeys BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Apr 5 10:49:04 CDT 2001

> Apple cdrom I have been hanging onto for sparc OpenBSD/NetBSD installs,
> which normally won't work for Solaris/SunOS installs, and Yeah! it works
> on Solaris 8... neat.

Crapola!

Well, the world ain't all that neat today, it seems.  The first CD
installed fine, but when the second CD was put in, the silly software
was too dumb to read it.  I know the CD is good, because I used it
yesterday on the SS5.  Oh, well, one of those SUN silly cdromish
perennial peculiarities.....again....

IFF I temporarily yank the cdrom out of the SS5, and slip it in the
scsi bus where the second HD goes, will that silly SS10 use that
correctly for installing?  I am expecting it should, but....

Also, will the freebie solaris 8 install off a tty?  I really want
the SS10 to be a servery thingie, as opposed to a graphical workstation.
The thought was to set it under the SS5 in the stack, and use the SS5
as the ``Sun Workstation'' box.

Any suggestions, etc..., appreciated.

Thanks

Bob