[SunRescue] Anyone else here hate Perl?

Dave McGuire rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Apr 4 01:33:16 CDT 2001

On April 4, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> > Subject: [SunRescue] Anyone else here hate Perl?
> >
> > I absolutely hate Perl.
>
> Me too!  (though not as much as I hate csh -- I've finally created my
> own personal NetBSD distribution with csh totally erradicated from every
> corner of it!)

  Me three!  Not csh, but perl.  I absolutely cannot stand it.  The
bloat, the slowness, the unreadability, the Script Kiddies gung-ho
"let's rewrite the whole world in Perl" attitude, the "put
double colons in it and it magically becomes object oriented and is
somehow better" concept, and have I mentioned bloat?

  Argh.  I'm glad to see that there are others out there who haven't
been taken in by Perl's marketing evangelists.

            -Dave McGuire