[SunRescue] 8-meg ECC SIIMs

Sheldon T. Hall rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Oct 30 06:54:58 CST 2000

On Monday, October 30, 2000 5:15 AM, kebabthesheep wrote:

> --- "Sheldon T. Hall" <shall1 at columbus.rr.com> wrote:
> > Folks-
> >
> > Will any older Sun machines use 72-pin, 60 ns, ECC
> > SIMMs in _8_ meg sticks?
> >

> My old axil220 should.   I'm currently (almost
> desparately) trying to find a decent amount of ram for
> it.  (i've got 2x4mb anad it aint enough)  Have you
> found some?

Yeppers.  Unfortunately or not, it's in a small pile of HP 715/64 computers
that are serving mainly as RAM carriers at the moment.

I got the machines dirt-cheap at the local U surplus dump, but without hard
drives or, more importantly, HIL keyboards.  My original intention was to
combine the RAM into one machine, stick a keyboard on it, and have an HP-UX
machine to play with.

However, I don't really have the time to pursue that, so I'm willing to let
the RAM, and the machines, for that matter, go.

Make me an offer, off the mailing list.

-Shel