[SunRescue] A Dream...

Jody Stephens jodys at tatteredcover.com
Fri Oct 27 15:46:48 CDT 2000

So I had a dream a couple of nights ago about computing on a Sun of the
series 3 vintage. It had a very large, very crisp B&W monitor. I remember
how satisfied I was with the feel of the keyboard and the mouse.
All in all it was a dream computer (HA!). Aside from that fact that I
should be worried that I'm having such specific dreams (at least I wasn't
dreaming my brain was perl program, and I had to debug it (which has
happened)), I think it would be in my best interest to make this dream a
reality. (It's so much easier, in life, if you pay attention to small
dreams). So now I want to own a Sun 3 running the proper vintage of SunOS.
I have, in the past, tried to put together such a beast (I have the scared
corpses of two 3/50's), but have failed. I'm hoping that someone on the
list has a complete, usuable Sun 3 system that they may be willing to
part with. I work at a book store which means that I get paid little above
minimum wage. I have a fairly small budget for this (~$80). Another
option, being that I work at a book store, is to trade the system for some
books of your choice (we have a fairly big technical section, sci-fi too,
and just about anything in print).

Thanks

Jody