PDA (Was:RE: [SunRescue] we're all just spoiled (was: re: IPC))

BrianMcCloskeycheckinmystyle at hotmail.com BrianMcCloskeycheckinmystyle at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 26 10:08:39 CDT 2000

the ability to
>grok standard mass storage like Compact Flash).

i have a trgpro from trg. it is a palm os device that has a compact flash
type I/II slot and can make use of a variety of cf cards including the ibm
1gb microdrive. i had a compaq aero that had a type I cf slot, and could not
read anything directly from the cf memory card. if i wanted to play mp3's i
had to copy them to memory first and then play them. that sucked in a big
singularity type way. by contrast, using autocf (freeware from trg) on the
trgpro i can run applications or access data directly from the cf memory
card.

>I've never hard-booted the thing, and it only requires a soft boot two or
>three times a year.

not the aero, boy that thing crashed *very* regularly. it was the only thing
it did reliably.

>the way it's a triumph when the thing actually syncs properly.

again, i have yet to have a single sync problem. granted i'm not doing
anything terribly complicated when i sync, but i don't have problems.

and, at $300, i have not been at all disappointed. i didn't pay anything for
the aero and i still ended up giving it away. (it was incidentally given to
me by someone else who didn't pay for it and didn't care to keep it.)

-wu