[SunRescue] we're all just spoiled (was: re: IPC)

KenHansenn2vip at bellatlantic.net KenHansenn2vip at bellatlantic.net
Wed Oct 25 20:01:07 CDT 2000

Was it the IBM z50 laptop/PDA device? There was a real flurry of interest
when IBM dumped them for extremely low prices (under $200?).

I got one, but quickly got rid of it, as it just wasn't very fast, and RAM
was very expensive...

I really like my Librettos for portable solutions, and when long work is
required, a full-size laptop (Toshiba Tecra/SPARCbook 3GX) fits the bill
nicely.

Heck, I am just wrapping up my final project for Graduate School, and it is
PHP/MySQL/APACHE running under Win98 on a Libretto 110ct - by using this
platform I could get meaningful work done during lunch breaks...

Ken