[SunRescue] Upgrading and E450...

BrianMcCloskeycheckinmystyle at hotmail.com BrianMcCloskeycheckinmystyle at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 24 10:39:34 CDT 2000

if there is an sca connector in every drive bay, you have the secondary sca
backplane. if it was not there, you would only be able to have drives
installed in either the 4 bottom bays, or 12 bottom bays. the sca backplanes
are actually broken into 3 pieces. the one shipped with the systems by sun
by default only covers the 4 bottom bays, the other two are 8 bay backplanes
which allow disks to be installed in the remaining 16 bays. it sounds to me
like you have it installed already.

-wu