[SunRescue] SunOS 4.1.x (was: RE: IPC)

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Oct 23 21:38:37 CDT 2000

On October 24, Tim Chong wrote:
> Anyway, the only SunOS CD I have is Solaris 1.1 (SMCC Version A: SunOS 4.1.3
> & OpenWindows Version 3)... But on access1.sun.com, the Y2K patch is for
> 4.1.3c only, is there big difference between 4.1.3 & 4.1.3c??
>
> Anyway to get iso of the 4.1.3c?

  Not sure if you know this or not...but many people seem to be under
the impression that 4.1.3 was the last release of SunOS.  It
wasn't...4.1.4 was the last...if you're hunting for the latest SPARC
SunOS, that's the one you want.

  As I recall, the y2k patches for SunOS were pretty innocuous.  Myself,
I'm running about half a dozen SunOS 4.1.4 systems in money-making
production right now...with no y2k-related patches installed.  Haven't
noticed anything critical yet, and I've gotten no customer complaints.

          -Dave McGuire