[SunRescue] we're all just spoiled (was: re: IPC)

scohen-StephenCohenscohen at acxiom.com scohen-StephenCohenscohen at acxiom.com
Mon Oct 23 18:10:07 CDT 2000

Same is true for automobiles - the ones who really appreciate them can't
afford them.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Bradford [mailto:mrbill at mrbill.net]
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2000 5:51 PM
To: rescue at sunhelp.org
Subject: Re: [SunRescue] we're all just spoiled (was: re: IPC)

On Mon, Oct 23, 2000 at 03:11:37PM -0500, Mike Hebel wrote:
> Like many on this list
> I'm sure, the people around me are amazed at what you can actually _do_
with
> an "old" computer. *grin*
> You just have to remember you're driving a VW Bug instead of a Jaguar. ;-)

One thing I used to notice back when I worked tech support at an ISP:

The people who NEED good computers (ISP techs, sysadmins, etc) have
old crappy machines held together with duct tape & bailing wire and
trips to Goodwill.

The people who DONT need good computers (doctors, lawyers, etc - the people
who use their computers ONLY for stuff like email, wordperfect, lotus/
excel, etc) have the 2Ghz 200Gig Athlons with the 24" monitors.

Anybody else ever notice this?

Bill

--
Bill Bradford