[SunRescue] we're all just spoiled (was: re: IPC)

KenHansenn2vip at bellatlantic.net KenHansenn2vip at bellatlantic.net
Mon Oct 23 16:53:44 CDT 2000

Bill, I guess the real issue is using "age appropriate" software. Solaris 7
or 8 would die on this machine, SunOS is just as snappy as it ever was on
this machine.

Dropping a CG3 in the IPC, dropping Red Hat Linux 6.1 or 6.2, and firing up
GNOME desktop, then the GIMP would be an all-day ordeal...

Now the same box running SunOS 4.1.4 is a snappy little box (but I prefer my
newer boxes)...

Just another perspective/reference point...

Ken