[SunRescue] we're all just spoiled (was: re: IPC)

Mike Hebel druaga at pmail.net
Mon Oct 23 16:27:35 CDT 2000

>>Ya just gotta love the balls some PeeCee makes have when they so blatantly
>>say right in their TV ads "buy the Gateway PC and you can trade it in in
two
>>years for a new one!"

Hey, I look at it this way - in a year or so you will probably be able to
get even honking fast notebooks for pennies on the dollar.  Not a Bad
Thing(tm) for those of us that actually _know_ what we _can_ do with a fast
machine and even those of us who dare to imagine. ;-)

>>Good god! Other than the laptop my company gives me to use I don't own a
>>computer less than 3 or 4 years old. Hell I buy computers almost every day
>>and all of them are no newer than 3 years.

I'm pretty much the same way.  Even my laptop at work is 3 years old by now.
The fastest machine I have in my house is a PII-233.  It's my Windoze
machine that I currently use for mail and games.  I'm slowly moving those
tasks to other types of systems but I probably won't move e-mail until I get
DSL and setup my own mail server.  (www.speakeasy.net sounds like a good
choice)

Mike Hebel