[SunRescue] we're all just spoiled (was: re: IPC)

Mike Hebel druaga at pmail.net
Mon Oct 23 15:11:37 CDT 2000

*waaahhh!!!*  Baby wants Ultra 60 free from an anonymous doner! *sucks
thumb*

Ok, maybe I am a little spoiled. ;-)

Truthfully though I started out really learning on an old IBM portable (I
forget the number) with a tape drive because at the time floppies were
8-inch.  It was great!  I loved Whumpus.  However it took more than a little
time to do _anything_ on that system.

The painful times are when you use an XT (so to speak) when you really need
an Athlon.  Having not been "rich" like some of the friends that I went to
school with - I've more than gotten used to this.  Like many on this list
I'm sure, the people around me are amazed at what you can actually _do_ with
an "old" computer. *grin*

You just have to remember you're driving a VW Bug instead of a Jaguar. ;-)

Mike Hebel