[SunRescue] Something special about a SUN 2x CD?

Hatle Hatle
Mon Oct 23 09:41:29 CDT 2000

Also, I've seen similar behavior when you put the jumper block on
"backwards". Try rotating the jumper switch assembly 180 degrees.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Hebel [mailto:druaga at pmail.net]
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2000 9:29 AM
To: rescue at sunhelp.org
Subject: RE: [SunRescue] Something special about a SUN 2x CD?

I got similar results when I installed a faster Toshiba SCSI CD in the old
411 box to replace the 2x drive.  Mine turned out to be SCSI ID problems.
What I found was that the jumper switch assembly would not work for the new
drive and indeed caused the drive to appear on all IDs.  When I used
physical jumper blocks the problem was fixed.

Just my $.02 of experience.

Mike Hebel