[SunRescue] 690mp & 240VAC

StefanSkoglundstetson at ebox.tninet.se StefanSkoglundstetson at ebox.tninet.se
Sat Oct 21 19:38:14 CDT 2000

nick at snowman.net wrote:

> Yeah, I belive that is correct, but you'd need a RMS meter.  The problem
> with a "standard converter" is most ovens/motors/dryers/etc don't care
> about ground, and so have phase-1, phase-2, and neutral.  No
> ground.  Almost all computers/electronics/etc have Phase-1, Phase-2,
> Neutral, and most important Ground.

ARGHHHH !

They don't need a neutral connection because the elements is
240V and the switches lamps and so on is rated for 240V !

I wouldn't want to touch something which doesnt have a proper
ground ! Ungrounded eq with a metallic chassis is
inherently dangerous.

Power tools and lamps is usually double-insulated which means
that the user is protected against failures in the inner
parts of said eq.

Here in sweden at least house ground, house neutral and neutral
incoming line is connected to each other in the central electric
breakout box AND nowhere else !!