[SunRescue] HELP!!! My /opt slice just died!

Mike Hebel druaga at pmail.net
Fri Oct 20 11:34:41 CDT 2000

Thanks for the help.  (Both to you and Bruce Pullig.)

The fsck ran through a lot of Clear? Yes prompts.  Fixed things and then
wrote to the disk.  Unfortunately now what I'm left with is what df -k says
is an /opt slice that has data in it but is really one big lost+found with
lots of numbers in it.

I think at this point, unless there are any other suggestions, I'm probably
going to just re-load the box from scratch.  It will probably take less time
than fixing it even if I could fix the problem.  (It figures this would
happen just after I got the machine patched up to current. Ain't working in
this business grand. ;-} )

Anyway thanks for the help everybody.

Mike Hebel - needs more coffee.