[SunRescue] IPC not showing output on monitor

Maarten Deen mdeen at xs4all.nl
Fri Oct 20 05:49:14 CDT 2000

Hello everyone,

one of my IPCs is not showing any output on the monitor. 'output-device'
shows 'screen' and 'diag-switch?' is false. When I disconnect the keyboard I
get all my output (as should be) on ttya, but with the keyboard connected I
get nothing. When I set 'output-device' to 'ttya' I get the output to the tty as
expected, but setting it back to 'screen' gives me nothing again.
probe-sbus gives the bwtwo on sbus 3 as expected. Booting with 'diag-
switch?' set to true gives no errors.
I've also tried a cg3 videocard (in sbus 1) and nothing happens either.

All this functions correctly on the other IPC. Difference between the two is
that the faulty has 24Mb ram (16+4+4 in banks 0-1-2) and ROM rev. 2.4. The
functional one has 8Mb ram and ROM rev 1.8.

Any ideas to what might be wrong here?

Cheers,

Maarten

--
Maarten Deen                                           +31 (0)77 3076879
mdeen at xs4all.nl                              http://www.xs4all.nl/~mdeen