[SunRescue] Re: 411 case, also Re: OT: Good source for wire shelving...

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Wed Oct 18 12:12:11 CDT 2000

I thought I heard a "Ken Hansen" say:

> What a thread this turned into (shelving no less!)...

At the risk of being whapped with a multibus memory card, should we shelve
this thread now?

Bill Bradford wrote:
> The most heavy-duty shelves I've seen lately have been the ones you can
> get at Home Depot for around $60 - they consist of a steel "frame" and
> composite/plywood shelves that sit on top of the frame to make the actual
> shelves.  These are HEAVY, and I dont think I have anything that would
> stress them.  They're like a smaller version of the big orange shelves
> that Home Depot uses in the store.

This is what I was talking about, fwiw. They're adjustable shelves that
you mallet into place and then put the particle board or whatever it is
in. Very nice and sturdy, although the offbrand ones I got the second time
around for my storage unit were harder to get going right.

And for the people suggesting a 411 photo for opening the case, it's out
there.

		http://www.obsolyte.com/sunFAQ/411howto/

has a step by step with photos. That's how I got into mine last time,
after breaking a few in my past, heh.

--Rob

   "And when somebody knows you well Well, there's no comfort like that
  And when somebody needs you Well, there's no drug like that" -- heather nova